Sitemap | District Home | Translate
Welcome to Bear Country!
Registration is Open
July 1st - July 15th
Contact Mrs. Miller's Office B139
We are here to help!
Parking Registration for 2017-2018 School Year is open July 1st - July 15th.
MHS PARKING ONLINE REGISTRATION
FOR THE 2017-2018 SCHOOL YEAR
Parking registration is online and will be available from July 1st – July 15th, 2017. Once parking is issued, registration will reopen on August 10th - August 18th for those who missed the first registration.
If you are sharing a space with another student, both drivers must list each other so the system can link your information. You will need to know your partner’s First and Last name as well as the grade level. Sharing is limited to two (2) students per parking space.
During registration, there is a PowerPoint presentation of the policies and guidelines for parking on campus. Throughout the presentation, you will be asked quiz questions. You will need to answer these correctly to register your vehicle or vehicles. You may register up to (2) two vehicles. All registered vehicles must be listed on your proof of insurance.
Sharing with another student is strongly encouraged. Due to an increase in demand, there is usually a waiting list for a parking space. Students on the waiting list will be assigned parking spaces as they became available throughout the school year. Availability for a parking space is unpredictable.
We will distribute spaces in the following priority:
Once parking registration is activated again on August 10th - August 18th, parking will be distributed based on the following priority. This will be determined by the date and time indicated on your registration. Once we are full you will be placed on a waiting list.
1. Students who are sharing
2. Seniors single
3. Juniors single
Requirements for parking will remain the same:
We will post parking spaces in the window of the Main Gym Entrance on Friday August 4th after 3:00 p.m.
The plan at this time is for parking tags to be distributed at senior summit and schedule pick up to students that meet the requirements for parking as stated above. *If you do not meet the requirements, you will forfeit your assigned space and will be placed on the waiting list. Senior Summit (schedule pick up) is August 8th, 2017, and Junior schedule pick is August 9th, 2017. This information is tentative.
Make sure you have a MySchoolBucks account to make your online payments. You may set up this account now at MySchoolBucks.com. You pay for parking under the parking icon. This can be found in the school store in your MySchoolBucks account.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I change to Shared parking after the preregistration or when school starts? Yes. Your partner would need to go through the registration process and mark shared parking. You can come by Mrs. Miller's office or email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know your change. We will make the adjustment.
2. What are the dates to preregister for a parking space? July 1st - July 15th
3. Can I register after preregistration? Yes. We will open up registration after we complete the preregistration process. The dates are August 10 - August 18.
4. What if my partner in the shared parking is absent? You can drive your registered vehicle to school. Make sure you have picked up the hangtag if your partner has it.
5. Can I share with a 10th grader? Not under shared parking. The 10th grader cannot drive to school. He or she can ride with you but will not be able to register a vehicle for themselves. This does not fall under shared parking.
6. What if my shared parking partner gets his or her parking suspended? If it is a temporary suspension then you can still drive your registered vehicles but he or she cannot. If it is a permanent suspension then the space will become a single space for just you. Your partner would not be allowed to drive to school.
7. What do I do if I get a new car after I have registered? We have a link on the parking website for you to enter your new car information and to let us know which vehicle to remove. Be sure to keep your hang tag and put in the new vehicle.
8. Can students park at the stadium and have someone drive them over to the school if they are the partner in shared parking? No. Students may not park in the stadium parking lots. We will not take a chance that a student needs to cross 105 to get to their vehicle at any time of the day or evening.
9. When can I pick up my permit if I do the preregistration and will be out of town for schedule pick-up? I will look at the dates after schedule pick up and post a date and time students can pick up the hang tags.
10. Will athletes have priority parking due to their after school activities? No. We are not giving priority to any particular student activity.
Parking Registration Website
Registration is open July 1st - July 15th.
We will contact you before August 5th to let you know you have a parking spot and how to pick up your permit.
Welcome to the online student vehicle registration site for Montgomery High School.
If you are an 11th or 12th grade student you are eligible to apply for a parking space. You will go through a brief slideshow that will have quiz questions throughout. Upon successful completion of the Parking Information Training you will be able to register up to 2 vehicles that you intend to drive to school.
Before you get started please make sure that you have gathered all the necessary documents/data to fully complete the online form at the end of the course.
You will need the following information to complete the application:
Click Here for a printable copy of the Parking Information
Click on the PowerPoint below. You will be able to see it July 1st -July 15th. Once you complete the Parking Rules and Regulations Training in the PowerPoint you will see the link to register for parking. Be sure to pay $75 through MySchoolBucks after registering for parking.
The registration link is now closed. We had a huge sign up. We will be sending out more information by August 5th.
If MySchoolBucks is down do not panic. You will be able to pay for your parking permit when you pick it up. We will send out more information before schedule pick up.
Parking at Montgomery High School is a privilege NOT a right. Our goal with parking is to provide a parking place on campus for as many of our junior and senior students as possible. This year we will have approximately 800 student parking spaces for 1300 11th and 12th grade students.
Students who wish to drive their own vehicle to campus must purchase a parking permit/space. To purchase a parking permit/space you must:
? Classified as an 11th or 12th grader,
? Complete the online Parking Information Training,
? Show your valid driver’s license,
? Show valid proof of insurance and
? Pay $75 by credit card or check online (fee is not prorated)
You will not receive a permit/space without the above.
Shared Parking Guidelines
1. Both students must complete the Parking Information Training and register vehicles. Only one payment is required. Do not make partial payments.
2. One hang tag will be provided between both students.
3. The student driving must display the hang tag on the rearview mirror.
4. When you are sharing a space only 1 vehicle is allowed to occupy the space at a time.
5. If one of the students receives a parking suspension for 5 or 10 days, the other student may use during the suspension dates.
6. If one of the students loses parking permanently the shared parking will be changed to single parking and the other student will retain the parking space.
1. Seniority does not guarantee a closer space.
2. You must register the license plate when registering any vehicle, including foreign and temporary plates. If your vehicle is unregistered, you will receive a parking violation.
3. All vehicles must have their tag displayed from their rear view mirror.
4. You may register more than one vehicle that you may drive and park on campus. This does not include a friend’s car unless you are sharing a space under the shared parking guidelines.
5. New vehicles must be registered prior to driving them on campus.
6. Vehicles may be added. You may register them under parking registration online.
7. Students may only register for one parking space.
8. All parking assignments are generated through Mrs. Miller in B139.
9. Students may not sell, loan, or give their tag to another student.
10. Sophomores are not allowed to drive a junior or senior to school and park in their space.
11. Always park in your assigned space. If someone is in your space, write down the license plate, park in the front and report to Mrs. Miller’s office immediately.
12. A violation of any of the above could result in a loss of parking.
Safety is priority
1. The speed limit on campus is 15 mph.
2. Students may not drive recklessly or aggressively in the parking lots at any time.
3. Be patient and drive safe.
4. Students may not drive across the lots, or drive the wrong direction to pass cars.
5. Students may not ride on tops of cars or in the bed of trucks on campus.
6. Students are not permitted to pull in front of buses as they are leaving campus during dismissal.
7. A violation of any of the above could result in a loss of parking.
Registered vehicles ONLY
1. Only vehicles registered to a space may park on campus.
2. Student vehicles are not allowed to park in the following areas: Handicap, Fire Zones, Bus Ramp, Faculty lots or Visitors. This could result in a loss of parking and/or vehicle being towed.
Band Practice Lot
1. All students parked in the Band practice lot must move their vehicles by 3:00p.m. until January. Please plan accordingly around your practices, tutorials, club meetings, etc…
2. A violation of any of the above could result in a loss of parking or detention.
1. Vehicles located in the gravel lot MUST use front end parking (no backing into the space).
1. Students with a parking permit must have a valid Handicap tag in order to park in those designed spaces on campus. Please contact Mrs. Miller if you need to park in these spaces.
2. You must have a Handicap Tag. Do not park beyond the expired date.
Parking lot incidents
1. Report any damage to your vehicle to Mrs. Miller’s office.
2. If you hit another car in the parking lot, do not move your vehicles. Exchange information with that person. Contact Mrs. Miller’s office immediately.
3. If you hit another car in the parking lot and the vehicle is empty, do not leave the scene without reporting the incident to Mrs. Miller’s office.
4. MHS assumes no responsibility if a vehicle is towed or booted. This is at the owner’s expense.
5. MHS is not responsible for damage or loss of property to vehicles on campus.
6. Always lock your vehicle and put away all valuables out of sight.
? Tardies- 1st period or late arrival tardies count all semester
? Parking tardies and absences accumulate all semester – Do NOT start over at six weeks.
? Vehicles can be booted and towed for violations. A $20 fee will be applied to remove a boot.
5 Day Suspension 10 Day Suspension
5 1st period tardies 10 1st period tardies
5 late arrival tardies 10 late arrival tardies
3 unexcused absences 1st periods 6 unexcused absences 1st periods
3 late arrival unexcused absences 6 late arrival unexcused absences
Failure to attend an After School Detention (ASD) Failure to attend a Saturday School (SAT)
Any 1st offense parking violation on campus Any 1st offense moving violation on campus
Unregistered vehicle 2nd truancy
2nd offense or combination of 5 day suspensions
Permanent Suspension of Parking
Parking fees are not refunded when parking privileges are revoked.
15 1st period tardies
15 late arrival tardies
9 unexcused absences 1st periods
9 late arrival absences
Attempt to damage or remove a boot on a vehicle
Second assignment to DAEP
Parking on campus while serving a parking suspension
Selling, giving away, or lending of your parking tag to another student
3rd offense or combination of parking suspensions
Montgomery Independent School District, with an unyielding commitment to excellence, will provide a premier academic program that recognizes the unique potential of each student and integrates the intellectual, social, cultural and physical aspects of learning. This program will empower each student to become an eager lifelong learner committed to academic excellence, integrity, responsible citizenship and service to others.
Montgomery High School | 22825 Highway 105 West | Montgomery, TX 77356 | Phone: (936) 276-3000 | Fax: (936) 276-3001
MONTGOMERY INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
• Contact Webmaster
• Required Postings
COPYRIGHT © 2016 - MONTGOMERY INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISCTRICT
POWERED BY ezTask TITANIUM TM