Heather Broussard



Phone:  936-276-3006

Fax:  936-276-3001

Melanie Chamberlain




Click here to request a VOE

Verification of Enrollment (VOE) forms cannot be mailed or emailed and must be picked up in person.


To obtain a driver’s license in the state of Texas, a student between the ages of 15 and 18 must provide to the Texas Department of Public Safety a form obtained from the school verifying that the student has met the 90 percent attendance requirement for the semester preceding the date of application.

In order to receive credit in a class or final grade, students in kindergarten-grade 12 must be in attendance at least 90% of the time the class if offered.  State law makes distinction between an excused absence and an unexcused absence in determining the attendance requirement.  Students who are in attendance fewer than 90% of the time in a semester shall not receive credit for the class unless the attendance committee finds that the absences are the result of extenuating circumstances. For students who are denied credit; a VOE form will be issued only when the student appeals for credit and successfully fulfills the attendance recovery options.

All Current and Former Students:


Click here to request a transcript/verification


Click here to access the Ascender Parent Portal


To request your student's portal ID, please contact the registrar via email using the email associated with your Ascender account.

It is vital that the school have complete and up-to-date phone numbers and addresses for all students.  Address changes submitted via your Ascender parent portal account, WILL NOT be processed without the required two proofs of residency (see below for acceptable documentation).

Click here for the MISD address change form

In order to change an address, district policy states that you will need to provide two proofs of residency. You must provide one proof from EACH of the following categories: 

  • Real estate tax certificate or home purchase contract in parent/guardian's name, or lease agreement.
  • Current utility bill, (e.g. satellite, cable TV, water, sewer, gas, electric or telephone) clearly indicating parent/guardian's name and residence address as the service address.

To withdraw from school, it is necessary that the parent or guardian make a request to the registrar on the campus that the student be withdrawn. This request should be made in person on the form(opens PDF document) provided by the registrar.

Students will not be permitted to go from class to class to withdraw.

The parent or legal guardian of a student who wishes to withdraw will:

1. Meet with the Registrar, where a withdrawal form will be issued.

2. Turn in each book and/or equipment to the registrar.

3. The registrar will have each teacher assign a withdrawal grade.

4. Have the librarian clear library records. All fines and books must be clear.

5. Check with the cafeteria to clear all cafeteria records and lunch charges.

6. Check with the attendance clerk for attendance records.


A copy of the withdrawal form will be made for the student to take to his/her new school.

Click here(opens external link in new window) to access the MISD New Student Registration procedures.